Tuesday 8 March 2011

My favourite writing spot

I've been working as a freelance writer for more than six years now and in my opinion the two biggest advantages this job comes with are that
1) no matter how boring the topic I have to write about I am at least *writing* which is something that in general I enjoy (as you might have guessed) and
2) when the afternoon is as nice as it was today I am free to postpone all working activities to the evening and enjoy an afternoon out in the sun - in my case on the WIG, which stands for "Wiener Internationale Gartenschau" (Viennese International Garden Fair) and is not so much a fair as it is a kind of huge park with small lakes, all kinds of themed (natural) environments, a little petting zoo and a picknick meadow. It's also called "Kurpark Oberlaa".

That's the opposite shore of "my" lake from where I usually sit.
You can see my spot on the left side if you look closely.
.

Since I am as fortunate as to having my own car it's only ten minutes away from where I live and it's like my personal refuge whenever I feel a bit too stressed out.
There's a great spot around the biggest lake where you can sit pretty much shielded from view and I love to go there, write or just think for a while and that was also what I did today. It's still pretty cold outside so it wasn't really warm, but it was sunny and I enjoyed it a lot. I had a short walk around and then wrote for about an hour, doing some concepting for my current main project, which in absence of a better title I'll for now and henceforth call "book-wip".

I'm always working on several things at the same time but like I said "book-wip" is my main project and it's also pretty progressed already. But I'll tell you about that another time.
Hope you get to enjoy the first spring days as well!

So long,
Sabine

1 comment: